Matt Finch, of Mythmere Games and creator of Swords & Wizardry [AL], is running an excellent series of blog posts over at his Mythmere blog where he is looking at converting from new school D&D to old school approaches in play.
The current posts in the series are:
- Old School Conversion Methods Part One – Theory
- Old School conversions 2: Acrobatics
- Old School Methods 3: Appraisal Skill
- Old School Methods 4: Climbing etc.
- Old School Methods 5: Diplomacy and Disable Device
- Old School Methods 6: Disguise and Escape Artist
- Old School Methods 7: Fly
If you’re interested in how to play old school games or create for them, or in how Matt approaches adventure and game design, these posts are worth checking out.