Michael Wenman has put together a rather impressive multi-part series on figure painting over at Observations of the Fox. So far, the following parts are available:
- Part 1 opens up the series
- Part 2 looks at applying a base coat and some color
- Part 3 looks at filling out the underlying colors for the model
- Part 4 discusses shading and highlighting and talks about drybrushing
- Part 5 talks about the importance of layering
- Part 6 shows the current progress before moving onto the next stage
- Part 7 switches to painting weaponry
- Part 8 talks about metallic highlighting and different ways to do it
- Part 9 looks at fine details such as faces and eyes
- Part 10 looks at individual detailing
If you’ve got a load of miniatures needing painted, say from a particular Kickstarter or two like Michael has, and need some ideas on how to paint them, you can do worse than follow along with Michael.
I’ll continue to update this post as more episodes are released.