Vulipnoid Games Studio are running a multi-part series of posts on their blog looking at geomorphs and how to create them under the title A Guide to Geomorphs. There are four parts posted so far:
- Part 1 looks at what makes a good geomorph shape
- Part 2 looks at Carcasonne as an example of how to build maps using squares
- Part 3 delves deeper with adding variations
- Part 4 looks at the diversity of using hexagons
- Update: Part 5 looks at some more practical uses
- Update: Part 6 shows how they all link together
There’s some good information in here for those interested in mixing up geomorphs and hexcrawls.